There are many ways that a disability lawyer helps with your Social Security disability claim. I have a list of 7 ways that a Social Security lawyer can help. They are:
- Develop a winning theory for your claim.
- Obtain the necessary evidence.
- Keep your claim moving (and ensure all appeal deadlines are met)
- Help you tell your story.
- Represent you at the hearing.
- Ensure that you are paid correctly.
- Be your guide.
Of course, winning the claim and getting disability benefits for the client is the most important task. It is number 1 on the list above for a reason. Nevertheless, the last item – be your guide – is terribly important.
Clients (and potential clients) have questions. I spend a good part of each day listening, answering questions and explaining the Social Security disability application and hearing process. It can be very frustrating for applicants to be denied benfits, and then have a long wait for a hearing. It helps to have a guide along the way.